Task description and formatting
For both Tasks and Events you can add a description or notes underneath the item Title. To add the description, tap the Return/Enter key at the end of the Title to start the first line of the description.
Text in the description can be formatted (unlike the Title which cannot). The formatting uses Markdown, but you can make use of the format toolbar which appears just above the keyboard. If you have an iPad with an external keyboard, most of the format options are available via a keyboard shortcut; hold down the Command key to see what is available.
The following format options are available for a whole paragraph:
- H1 (large heading)
- H2 (smaller heading)
- Checkbox – useful for making lists which can be checked off
- Bullet list - starting with “*“
The following format options are available for selected text:
To change the order of your paragraphs, you can use
- The up and down arrows in the format toolbar (when the keyboard is hidden)
- Drag and drop when viewing a task (but not editing it)
- The Reorganise feature (see elsewhere for full description)
In the format toolbar there are also Undo and Redo buttons if you make a mistake.